Ferret Lovers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferret Lovers is a free-to-join forum where you can chat, watch videos, share stories, and more with other ferret lovers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ferret Smell Tips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ferret Smell Tips Empty
PostSubject: Ferret Smell Tips   Ferret Smell Tips EmptySun 12 Apr 2009, 10:43 pm

Here's some tips on how to keep the odor down...

*Keeping the litter box clean will significantly reduce odors. I clean out my litter box, 1x day.

*Different kinds of litter perform differently at absorbing moisture and controlling odors. Most people use recycle newspaper pellets or wood pellets for litter.

*One of the most effective ways to keep your ferret smelling fresh is to keep the ferret’s bedding clean.

*Animal waste causes odors. You can control the both the strength of the smell and the amount of the waste with a proper diet.

* Make sure your cage is made out of washable materials, such as plastic or coated wire. Wooden cages will hold the odor in.

*Bad Breath can cause odor, please check your ferret's teeth. Ferret could have dental problems

*Check those ears! A common contributor to strong ferret odors is dirty ears.

*Do not bathe your ferret. Bathing strips the ferret’s skin and fur of essential oils, and "dries the ferret out." Dry skin is itchy skin, which is uncomfortable for your ferret.
*Fixing your ferret. The strongest contributor to ferret odor is not the scent sacs or glands, but the hormones.
Back to top Go down
Love-Ferrets

Love-Ferrets

Ferret Smell Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferret Smell Tips   Ferret Smell Tips EmptySun 12 Apr 2009, 11:37 pm

I really don't find that ferrets stink Suspect
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ferret Smell Tips Empty
PostSubject: Ferret Smell Tips   Ferret Smell Tips EmptyMon 13 Apr 2009, 11:25 am

Some people think they are like skunks or something, but as long as you take care of them well, they don't smell too bad at all Smile
Back to top Go down
Love-Ferrets

Love-Ferrets

Ferret Smell Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferret Smell Tips   Ferret Smell Tips EmptyMon 13 Apr 2009, 2:45 pm

I hate when I walk with my ferrets and people stop to pet them and then ask: "Do they smell bad ?"
I mean .. do you think they smell !? You can tell that yourself Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ferret Smell Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ferret Smell Tips   Ferret Smell Tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Ferret Smell Tips
Page 1 of 1